Well here we are going in to month five. Things are going pretty well this week, I was able to go for a short walk down to the lakefront one day. So much for my dreams of walking around the lakefront while Henry rode his bike on the weekends. I guess that dream went the same way as the pregnancy exercise videos I was going to do in the mornings before work... oh well!
- What's the Baby Doing?: Hair is continuing to appear on the baby's scalp and eyebrows. The baby is also continuing to have bouts of hiccups which I might even be able to start feeling soon. Fat is also starting to develop under the baby's skin!
- Weight Gain: This was a very odd week. For most of the week it looked like I had lost the half-pound I gained last week which started getting me a bit nervous and prompted Henry to agree to get me a box of cookies on Monday and to even let me have half of them before they mysteriously disappeared. For those who know Henry (aka the cookie monster) sharing half a box is a pretty big deal ;-) But then today when I weighed myself it looked like I gain a whole pound. I have therefore resolved not to weigh myself during the week and just do it once on Tuesdays from now on. It's just too confusing.
- Showing?: Yep, and the bump is starting to move up a little. You can now feel the hard part well above my belly button!
- Symptoms: Still on my onion kick. I had to buy two jars of cocktail onions because I ate almost a whole jar last week. Henry grilled some sweet onions this weekend, yum yum! Other than that, the nausea seems to be doing a lot better, although it's still difficult to eat in the mornings.
- Sleep: Still the same. Waking up once a night, but starting to get used to it.
- Movement: Sadly I can't remember feeling any movement this week. :-( Hopefully as I get farther along the moving will get more pronounced.
- Best Moment of the Week: Hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler at our Friday appointment. Always amazing! And a relief to know that everything is still doing okay in there.
- What I miss: There seemed to be a lot of conversation about alcohol this week! Joselyne and I were talking about all the great wine she's going to have at her wedding, I was looking at the cool new movie theater downtown that has VIP seating with food service and a bar, and my office starting talking about doing a summer happy hour outing. I haven't really missed alcohol that much, but somehow during the summer it seems to be everywhere. Henry was so sweet and made us virgin pina coladas with organic coconut and pineapple juice and we sat out on our balcony in the sun for a while this weekend. It was totally just as good.
- What I'm Looking Forward To: There is so much cool stuff going on with the baby this month, so I have to say I'm really excited for that. This is a really big growth and development month, by the end the baby will weigh over a half a pound and we'll get to find out the sex!
- Milestones: Well this week marks the end of the fourth month. Five more to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment